5 Stress-Free Ways to End the Summer
Summer is coming to a close, which means school is fast approaching. There are plenty of healthy, stress-free ways to enjoy the remaining days of the season and prepare for the upcoming school year. We have a few suggestions:
- Gather up some friends and family for an end-of-summer picnic at one of Ontario’s provincial parks.
- Make a hardcopy scrapbook or upload a photo album so you can have a place to archive your summer memories.
- Go for a spin on your bike! Ontario By Bike has all the information you need on bicycle-friendly routes and attractions.
- Enjoy playing your favourite outdoor sports while the weather is still warm (remember to stay hydrated and wear sunscreen when active outdoors).
- Visit or plant at a community garden. Find out which gardens are available in your local area by visiting Sustain Ontario.
Stress is normal and a natural part of life, but there are various ways to help manage it. Staying physically active and maintaining healthy eating habits are some of the best ways to manage stress. Talking to a loved one or a health professional can also help you set goals to maintain lower stress levels. Make sure you finish summer as stress-free as possible so you can start the school year with a healthy mind and body!
Learn more about stress and the different ways it can be managed.