5 Ways to Spend the Last Days of Summer Break
It’s that time of year, Summer vacation is winding down and it’s time to get ready for the upcoming school year. But, before saying good-bye to all your favorite summer activities. It is important to take some time and enjoy the last few days of summer! In today’s blog we share five fun ways to spend your last days of summer break:
1. Visit a National Park: Canada has several glorious national parks open for teh public to visit during the summertime. Make it a day out by visiting a national park for some sightseeing, picnicking, hiking or even camping. A national park is a great way to get outdoors, get active, make memories and relax. Find a national park near you!
2. Get camping: one fo the most amazing things about the summer weather is the opportunity to enjoy nature. Camping is a great way to get active, spend time with family and friends, relax and reduce screen time. Head to a campground or the backyard for one last summer camping trip. Access Ontario Camp Ground Information.
3. Explore a bike trail: Grab your bike and get peddling to an adventurous day with family and friends. The adventure of bike riding in a trail not only helps relieve back to school/work stress, it’s also great exercise for your body and health. Check out these top 15 bike trails in Ontario for some inspiration.
4. Make a scrapbook: Grab those photographs and souvenirs from your summer endeavours and get to scrapbooking! Creating a scrapbook helps you and the entire family create a product you can keep for a lifetime to share memories and stories of your favorite summer moments. Get started with this summer break scrapbook idea!
5. Have a board game night: Take one more night to stay up a little later and play board games with your family and friends. Board games are a great way to learn skills and have fun! Bring healthy treats and prizes for board game night to make it even more fun and memorable!
Now, it’s time to soak in the last few weeks of warm weather and carefree days before heading back to school for a year of accomplishment and success. Enjoy nature, do some arts and crafts, and enjoy family bonding time as you say goodbye to summer...until next year!
How do you spend your last days of summer? What’s your favorite summer break activity? Share your fun ideas with us on Twitter and Facebook by tagging @OpheaCanada.