New Ophea Asthma Resource Kits!
Create an asthma-friendly environment in your class and school with Ophea’s new Asthma Resource Kits, developed in partnership with the Ontario Lung Association.
The Kits are free, available to download online and provide:
- Implementation supports for Ryan’s Law, 2015 (Ensuring Asthma Friendly Schools)
- Practical information on identifying and safely managing students with asthma
- Easy-to-use implementation steps, tip lists, and sample forms
Creating Asthma Friendly Schools Essentials Kit (principals and educators):
- Creating Asthma Friendly Schools manual
- Creating Asthma Friendly Schools DVD
- Managing Asthma Attacks Poster
- Individual Student Asthma Management Plan form
Creating Asthma Friendly Schools Community Awareness Kit (educators, parents, and students):
- Asthma in Schools: What Educators Need to Know brochure
- Asthma and Physical Education: What Physical Educators and Coaches Need to Know brochure
- The Basics of Asthma, Allergies, and Anaphylaxis Poster
- Call Me Brave Boy booklet (For students JK – 2)
- Asthma Active booklet (For students 7 - 10 yrs old)
An asthma friendly school demonstrates a school’s commitment to the safety, well-being, and achievement of all students, assisting them in reaching their full potential.