Growth and Development
Growth and Development is one of the six health topics a school community may identify as their priority health topic for Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification.
Based on the Ministry of Education's Foundations for a Healthy School (2014) this topic includes strategies and activities related to:
- body image
- healthy relationships
- human development and sexual health
- living skills (e.g., self-awareness, communication and social skills, thinking skills)
Related Education Policies and Resources:
- Full Day Early Learning – Kindergarten Program (2016)
- Health and Physical Education, Grades 1-8
- Health and Physical Education, Grades 9-12
- Ministry of Children and Youth Services. (2012). Stepping Stones: A Resource on Youth Development
For sample strategies and activities relating to Growth and Development, see pages 22-24 of the Foundations for a Healthy School resource.
Related Ophea Resources:
- All About H&PE
- Always Changing
- Sexual Violence Prevention Education Resources
- Early Learning Resource
- Engaging Students in Healthy Living Through Drama
- HANDS UP
- H&PE Elementary Resources
- H&PE Secondary Resources
- Ideas for Action: Growth and Development
For more resources on this health topic, click here.