Healthy Eating is one of the six health topics a school community may identify as their priority health topic for Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification.
Schools can select a variety of activities to support healthy eating amongst students, staff, and the broader school community.
For sample activities relating to Healthy Eating (with considerations on how to implement within a COVID-19 context), review our COVID-19 Support Resources, H&PE At Home, as well as our Ideas for Action (Healthy Eating) resource.
To access additional tools (lesson plans, supplements, activities) to support healthy eating, visit our Teaching Tools website.
Related Education Policies and Resources:
- A Guide to School Gardens
- Canada's Food Guide
- Foodland Ontario
- Freggie Tales
- Full Day Early Learning – Kindergarten Program (2016)
- Growing Chefs! Ontario
- Health and Physical Education, Grades 1-8
- Health and Physical Education, Grades 9-12
- Nibi Giinwiindawan: We Are Water
- PPM No. 150: School Food and Beverage Policy
- Rainbow Plate
- The Greenhouse
For more resources on this health topic, click here.