Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification (HS Certification) is now available to private and independent schools in Ontario. We welcome Ontario private and independent schools to register and follow the 6-Step Healthy Schools Process to help make their school community a healthier, happier place.
Ophea has specific guidelines and processes for private and independent schools in Ontario to follow:
- Registration Process: Private and independent schools must email firstname.lastname@example.org before the October registration deadline to express their interest in registering for HS Certification. The HS Certification Team confirm by email the next steps required to register their school.
- Registration Fee: HS Certification is funded by the Province of Ontario to certify publicly funded schools in Ontario. Therefore there is a fee of $500.00 CAD each year for private and independent schools participating in HS Certification. This fee covers costs related to registration, school support and consultation, systems maintenance, the HS Certification school audit process, and the printing/mailing of the celebratory banner (if the school achieves Gold, Silver or Bronze level certification).
Please note that:
- Payment must be received before a private or independent school can complete the registration process for HS Certification.
- Registration and reporting deadlines in October, February, and April are the same for all participating schools.
- All schools have access to the same supports and consultation services from Ophea throughout the year.
- It is the responsibility of each participating school to ensure that they complete and report on the Healthy Schools 6-Step Process to achieve certification.
- Payment of the registration fee does not guarantee certification. There is no refund if a school does not complete the process or does not earn enough points to achieve certification.
- Check out the list of registration requirements (e.g. a signed and uploaded letter from a school administrator) to make sure you have everything you need to register!
For more information, please contact the HS Certification team at email@example.com.
If you are a private or independent school outside of Ontario who is interested in learning more about Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.