Personal Safety and Injury Prevention
Personal Safety and Injury Prevention is one of the six health topics a school community may identify as their priority health topic for Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification.
Schools can select a variety of activities to support personal safety and injury prevention amongst students, staff and the broader school community.
To access additional tools (lesson plans, supplements, activities) to support personal safety and injury prevention, visit our Teaching Tools website.
Related Education Policies and Resources:
- PPM 161: Supporting Children and Students with Prevalent Medical Conditions (anaphylaxis, asthma, diabetes and/or epilepsy) in Schools
- PPM No. 158: School Board Policies on Concussions
- PPM No. 144, Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- Health and Physical Education, Grades 1-8
- Health and Physical Education, Grades 9-12
- Ryan’s Law: Ensuring Asthma Friendly Schools & Quick Fact Sheet
- Sabrina’s Law: Anaphylaxis & Quick Fact Sheet
- Safe and Accepting Schools
For more resources on this health topic, click here.