Private and Independent Schools
Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification is available to private and independent schools in Ontario. We welcome Ontario private and independent schools to register and follow the 4-Step Healthy Schools Process to make their school community a healthier place.
Ophea has specific guidelines and procedures for private and independent schools in Ontario to follow:
- Registration Procedure: Private and independent schools must email firstname.lastname@example.org before the November 26, 2021, registration deadline to express their interest in registering for Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification. Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification Team will confirm by email the next steps required to register their school.
- Registration Fee: Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification is funded by an Ontario school board membership to certify publicly funded schools. Therefore, there is a fee of $500.00 CAD each year for private and independent schools participating in Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification. This fee covers costs related to registration, school support and consultation, systems maintenance, the school audit process, and the printing/mailing of the celebratory banner (if the school achieves certification).
Please note that:
- Payment must be received before a private or independent school can complete the registration process for Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification.
- Registration and reporting deadlines are the same for all participating schools.
- All schools have access to the same supports and consultation services from Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification Team throughout the year.
- It is the responsibility of each participating school to ensure that they complete and report on the 4-Step Healthy Schools Process to achieve certification.
- Payment of the registration fee does not guarantee certification. There is no refund if a school does not complete the process or does not earn enough points to achieve certification.
- Check out the registration requirements to make sure you have everything you need to register!
For more information, please contact Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification Team at email@example.com.
If you are a private or independent school outside of Ontario that is interested in learning more about Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.