Certification écoles saines
Healthy Schools Certification
Celebrate Your Healthy School!
Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification (HS Certification) recognizes and celebrates school communities for promoting and enhancing the health and well-being of students, school staff, and the broader community.
Goals of Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification
- Support and increase the capacity of schools across Ontario to address a priority health topic through the effective implementation of the 6-Step Healthy Schools Process
- Celebrate and formally recognise an individual school’s achievements relating to Healthy Schools
How Does My School Register?
Registration begins the Tuesday after Labour Day (the first Tuesday in September) and remains open until the last Friday of October at noon. Here is a list of what’s needed for registration. Schools that have not registered can still access the 2019-2020 Guidebook to help support their school in being a healthier school and to plan for next year. You can also watch our introductory webinar.
Why Get Certified?
- To increase student engagement and leadership
- To strengthen and/or make new community partners
- To connect the dots between what your school is already doing
- To implement provincial education policies at the school and board level
- To support your School Improvement Plan and Board Improvement Plan
- To guide your school community in addressing a priority health topic through the 6-Step Healthy Schools Process
- To encourage students, staff, and the broader community to make healthier choices
- Bragging rights! Everyone will know that you’ve been formally recognized for being a healthy school!
How Does My School Get Certified?
By completing the 6-Step Healthy Schools Process over the course of the school year, schools who have registered in the fall will earn points and can apply to be certified in April as a Gold, Silver, or Bronze level Healthy School. Certification is based on a school’s ability to follow and complete the process and not on the type or number of activities chosen so it’s flexible and adaptable for all school communities. School certification levels are announced in May of each year after an audit and a banner is sent to certified schools celebrating their level.
Feel free to contact us!