Healthy Eating Grants
These funding opportunities are for projects that encourage and supply healthy eating/drinking opportunities for students, each of the options have more information about the funding sources!
Breakfast Club of Canada
- Every child and youth should have a healthy breakfast each morning before school
- The program will assist with establishing a new breakfast program or strengthening an existing one, we provide schools with the necessary funds, kitchen equipment, training, tools and food donations
- See website for criteria and contact Stephanie Pollard, Program Advisor, at 450 641-3230, # 3335 or 1 888 442-1217, or at Stephanie.Pollard@breakfastclubcanada.org.
- Increasing the amount of Ontario food purchased by public institutions
- Increasing market access for farmers and processors in order to increase local food choices
- Improving the understanding of where local foods can be found, what local foods are available and how to use them
Metro Green Apple School Program
- Encourage elementary and secondary schools in Ontario to become involved in projects that educate students on the importance of nutrition and living a healthy lifestyle
President’s Choice Nutrition Grant Program
- Help provide education and encourage empower within communities to deliver school-based nutrition programs
- The grants are used to strengthen programs, by raising the quality and increasing sustainability
Whole Kids Foundation School Garden Grant Program
- School Garden Grant program provides a monetary grant to supper an edible educational garden on the grounds of a primary or secondary schools