Implementing Ryan’s Law: Ensuring Asthma Friendly Schools
Ophea’s Implementing Ryan’s Law: Ensuring Asthma Friendly Schools e-Learning module is designed to support school staff in understanding and applying Ryan’s Law in their school to ensure the safety and well-being of students with asthma. It also supports the implementation of PPM 161: Supporting Children and Students with Prevalent Medical Conditions (Anaphylaxis, Asthma, Diabetes, and/or Epilepsy) in Schools related to students with asthma.
Throughout this e-Learning module participants will:
- Develop an understanding of the requirements of Ryan’s Law and their role in supporting students with asthma
- Develop an understanding of asthma including signs and symptoms, triggers, medications, the importance of asthma control, and how to support students with asthma
- Develop an understanding of how to recognize and respond to asthma attacks (sometimes referred to as asthma episodes, asthma exacerbations, or asthma flare-ups)
- Explore the connection between asthma and physical activity
- Develop an understanding of the steps to create an asthma friendly school environment
- Gain knowledge of additional resources and implementation supports to assist in creating asthma friendly school communities
Throughout this e-Learning module, participants will engage in a variety of learning tasks using text, video, and illustrations. Participants will use “pause and reflect” activities to make connections to their knowledge and experiences.
If you’d like to obtain the e-Learning module to integrate within your Board’s learning management system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.