Implementing Ryan’s Law: Ensuring Asthma Friendly Schools
Ophea’s Implementing Ryan’s Law: Ensuring Asthma Friendly Schools e-Learning module is designed to support school staff in understanding and applying Ryan’s Law in their school to ensure the safety and well-being of students with asthma.
Throughout this e-Learning module participants will:
- Develop an understanding of the requirements of Ryan’s Law and their role in supporting students with asthma
- Develop an understanding of asthma including signs and symptoms, triggers, medications, the importance of asthma control, and how to support students with asthma
- Develop an understanding of how to recognize and respond to asthma attacks (sometimes referred to as asthma episodes, asthma exacerbations, or asthma flare-ups)
- Explore the connection between asthma and physical activity
- Develop an understanding of the steps to create an asthma friendly school environment
- Gain knowledge of additional resources and implementation supports to assist in creating asthma friendly school communities
Throughout this e-Learning module, participants will engage in a variety of learning tasks using text, video, and illustrations. Participants will use “pause and reflect” activities to make connections to their knowledge and experiences.
If you would like to obtain the e-Learning module to integrate within your School Board’s learning management system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.