Understanding the HD&SH Curriculum Expectations and Ophea’s Implementation Supports: Grades 1-8
Throughout this webinar educators will explore:
- Human Development and Sexual Health (HDSH) in the Ontario H&PE curriculum
- Ophea’s approach to supporting the implementation of HDSH through Ophea’s H&PE Curriculum Resources
- Ophea’s new HDSH lesson plans, grades 1-8
- Additional resources and support available from Ophea and educational/community partners
- What’s next? We need your input!
Heather Gardner is an elementary health and physical educator with the Hamilton Wentworth District School Board and curriculum consultant with Ophea. Heather has developed over 40 resources for H&PE, and was involved in the development of Ophea’s Human Development and Sexual Health lesson plans, which were developed in consultation with H&PE curriculum consultants, educators representing public and Catholic schools from urban and rural regions of Ontario and through the engagement of subject matter experts and community partners representing public health and community health organizations. In addition, Heather has provided hundreds of professional learning opportunities for educators across Canada.
Note: The original webinar date was January 25, 2016.