Since 1921, Ophea has been working to support the health and learning of children and youth in Ontario. Ophea is a not-for-profit organization led by the vision that all kids value and enjoy the lifelong benefits of healthy active living.
Audience & Reach
As one of the Provincial Subject Associations for Health and Physical Education, Ophea has a strong reputation within the education and public health sectors and has well established relationships and communication channels to effectively reach Ontario schools and communities.
Ophea’s Audience Includes:
- Educators and leaders in all of Ontario’s 72 English and French school boards and 5,000 schools
- Health professionals from all 36 public health units, community health centres, and recreation departments who deliver and promote health and physical activity in multiple settings including communities, workplaces, and schools across Ontario
- Leaders in sport and recreation, child care, and research organizations/sectors
Ophea’s Provincial Reach: (based on 2014/2015 numbers)
- Resources and communications from Ophea reached all of Ontario’s 5,000 schools, 72 school boards and 36 public health units
- More than 225,000 visitors to Ophea.net
- More than 2,000,000 page views on Ophea.net and our other websites
- Over 20,000 subscribers to our eConnection newsletter
- More than 40,000 hard copy resources disseminated
- More than 3,100 resources downloaded
- Performed over 1,800 consultations across Ontario
- Delivered more than 40 online and in-person workshops to over 1,000 individuals
*Note: Some of Ophea’s resources are disseminated nationally
What does Ophea mean to you?
Ophea is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization and has an established infrastructure to ensure quality assurance and control of all products and services provided. Click here to learn what this means.